Wednesday, October 13, 2010

PE_1 - Flash

Since I received the delivery of the Adobe CS5 software I have been chomping at the bit to complete some sort of activity with Flash. The last time I used Flash was quite some time ago...I think it was Flash MX back when it first came out and was not very good at it then. I guess some things do not change. If I had to rate my ability I would sat that I know just about enough to get myself into trouble. Now for a description of the project I completed.

My school is beginning of preparing for our SACS accreditation process and one of the parts my committee is working with is our school mission statement, which our Superintendent wanted to have rewritten. We completed this task, which resulted in the shrinking of our Mission statement from 42 words to 7. Our team wanted to put this new statement into a multimedia format, which after everyone else declined...I volunteered. I figured that simple words flying on the screen would be easy to complete in Flash.

I managed to get the words to fly in and even added my voice to the animation. I was pretty happy with myself. Until I saw the final version, which had a portion of it not following the script. No big deal, I thought, I can go back and fix it later. My back was against the wall because I need to have something to show the committee so I sent it out. Unfortunately, no one could open the file. So I had to run around campus showing each individual the Flash animation. In the end, I used iMovie and its titles to create a new version that could be played by everyone. In my opinion, the Flash animation was better or maybe the version inside my head was better. I have included Quicktime video of the Flash animation I created. You can see in the video that something wen awry in the exporting process...just not sure what.

No comments:

Post a Comment