Sunday, October 24, 2010

PE-Week 4-Pt 3


As I continue working on my school webpage I realized the table layout is just not working for me. I realized this after I created a new title for the page using Photoshop. I was a little disappointed because I could not find anything on Lynda about using text in Photoshop. As I analyzed the appearance of my original title, I thought that it was too plain, which is why I needed to redesign the title. I figured an image would add some life to it, but I am not a fan of the image I used. It is a picture of my school, but I do not think it adds the “life” I was in search of. I may try to get some pictures of the kids and try to piece them in spaces to the left and right of the word wildcat.

Initially, I thought the words word bland, but I created the words again, but in a different color and created a 3D effect by putting one behind the other. It is not perfect, but I think it looks much better than with what I started. I am starting to realize that even though I am using Dreamweaver to create the site I am in need of a decent amount of knowledge of the other Adobe products to make it look better.

Up next in my quest to create the perfect website…figuring out how to create placeholders for text and images, but that is for another blog post.

No comments:

Post a Comment