Sunday, October 24, 2010

PE-Week 4-1


All I can say is WOW!

I have been using Adobe Dreamweaver for a number of years to create websites, but have always used the template and “cheated” my way through. However, using the Lynda and the tutorials I have begun the process of actually learning how to use Dreamweaver. For this part of my personal experience, I have begun the process of understanding the purpose and functionality of Cascading Style Sheets or CSS. The ability to control fonts and layout of the webpage is very important when creating the initial page because it will act as a template for all the other pages.

The purpose of this website is to create a place for my 7th grade students to upload the content of The Wildcat Swag, our virtual student newspaper. My original layout was created using iWeb, which was good, but it did not allow me the control I, and my students need to fully customize the website. I am hoping that as I learn more about Dreamweaver I will be able to create an awesome page…and stop using generic templates!

The picture is where my page stands now…go easy on me…for the first time I am starting at square one. Of course, there will be more text added to this...I was just happy that I was able to control the font and background.

No comments:

Post a Comment