Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Welcome Blog

Welcome to my first ever blog post...it almost seems anticlimactic because I do not have anything awesome to say. Hopefully, in the future, I will be able to spread words of wisdom to the masses who are willing to heed the words spewing forth on these virtual pages. You should be warned, that I am not your typical student or educator...I have been told by authority figures that I am not college material (my high school guidance counselor) and that I would not be a successful teacher (the VA person who interpreted my test results when I got out of the Marine Corps), but yet here I sit...1/4 of the way through my second masters degree and in my ninth year of teaching.

Why do I say all of this...because you can't see in the future...you can't judge a kid by what you see in class...guidance counselors don't know everything...and you never know what a kid can do until you let them be free to do it (that means letting them make mistakes and have the opportunity to correct those mistakes)...and LOVE what you do...my name is Dennis and I am a teacher...strike that...I am a Learning Guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment